Jobs at Bandcamp
How We Work
There is no Bandcamp office. Our team is sprinkled throughout the world, with arms, cells, pods, what-have-you in San Francisco, Seattle, Liverpool, Montreal, The City of Angels, Portland, Oxford, D.C., Raleigh, British Columbia, and Bennington (which is in Vermont). We get together all day and night on irc, design and document everything in a wiki, do a short daily hangout that is exactly like the start of Hill Street Blues, and meet in person a few times a year for strategizing, working head-to-head, and jamming on microsynths. If you do not have a strong social structure outside of work then employment at Bandcamp will likely lead to obesity, heart disease, and an early death. We’re hiring!
We are accepting applications now for positions opening this summer.
- Superlative programming skills
- A history of developing successful, large-scale, public web software
- (Open to) a love of the ruby programming language
- Knowledge of writing software for mobile devices (iOS and android)
- A world-weary wisdom from fighting with and then making peace with css
- A world-weary wisdom from fighting with, making peace with, and in the end kinda sorta loving sql (we use mysql)
- The ability to find your way around and make things happen in linux
- Outstanding writing skills (a personal blog we can visit is a plus)
- Full-time availability
- You can live anywhere, but your work day needs to overlap at least four hours with gmt-7
- Experience with statistics, data mining and visualization (we like R and ggplot2)
- Familiarity with designing simple and clean web APIs
- Knowledge about threading concepts and distributed computing
- Experience with port 11211
- Have you ever written a video game?
To contact us, check the HTTP headers.
Bandcamp is looking for a clever, convivial individual to join the support crew.
- Use your expert knowledge of the site to field email inquiries from an amazing but not always 100% sober customer base of artists, labels, and fans.
- Work closely with other teams to identify & report usability snags and other surprises.
- Follow internal engineering developments to stay several steps ahead of potential support issues.
- Hone our help docs with the objective of putting yourself out of a job reducing the support team's load.
- Exercise your formidable interdisciplinary talents on a range of side projects, as time/interest/expertise permit.
- When you see someone write "it's" for "its," or "loose" for "lose," you get angry, sad, or both.
- Impeccable organization gives you a wild rush.
- Extra credit: you are already a Bandcamp user (applicants with both Fan and Artist accounts are entitled to double drink tickets).
To apply, send a resume & writing samples (and/or a link to your blog) to the address given when you append the class obscure-movie-reference to this tag.