Jobs at Bandcamp
How We Work
There is no Bandcamp office. Our team is sprinkled throughout the world, with arms, cells, pods, what-have-you in San Francisco, Seattle, Melbourne, Montreal, Oxford, Washington D.C., Raleigh, and Bennington (which is in Vermont). We get together all day and night on IRC, design and document everything in a wiki, do a daily Hangout that is exactly like the start of Hill Street Blues, and meet in person a few times a year for strategizing, working head-to-head and blowing things up. If you do not have a strong social structure outside of work then employment at Bandcamp will likely lead to obesity, depression, and an early death. We’re hiring!
Designer, the Kind Who Also Codes
Bandcamp is seeking a mind-bogglingly talented individual who will work with our lead designer to help us design and build new products and features, improve existing ones, and make our site a shining beacon of wonder for all who gaze upon it. You will design. You will code. You will have a positive impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of artists and their millions of fans each and every day. You will feel good. You will feel as good as I do right now.
- You are an interaction designer, visual designer and front-end coder.
- Your work exhibits a refined, clean, contemporary visual aesthetic.
- You will be able to take your ideas from sketches to mockups to production-ready HTML/CSS.
- You stay on top of web design trends and techniques because you genuinely enjoy doing so.
- You know your typefaces and how to use them on the web.
- You have designed amazing web apps, and are certain your best work is still ahead of you.
- You have an irrepressible joie de vivre that permeates your work and elevates it from good to great.
- You are skilled at giving and receiving design criticism and appreciate its importance as part of the creative process.
- You live in any part of the world, but your work schedule overlaps with GMT-7 at least four hours each day.
- You have never designed anything featuring people cheering or rocking out on instruments in silhouette.
- You are an excellent writer and communicator.
- You overspec’d in your youth. Now you know when to Just Start Coding.
- You will jump to the front of the line if you also happen to have experience building your own startup or mobile app, or designing software for the music space in particular.
Please send your resume, portfolio and a brief blurb about yourself and why you want to work at Bandcamp to:
(that’s four letters, not twenty one) and we will get back to you shortly. If you have to use reverse image lookup to solve the above then please acknowledge your guilt in your cover letter.