Jobs at Bandcamp
How We Work
There is no Bandcamp office. Our team is sprinkled throughout the world, with arms, cells, pods, what-have-you in San Francisco, Seattle, Liverpool, Montreal, The City of Angels, Portland, Oxford, D.C., Raleigh, British Columbia, and Bennington (which is in Vermont). We get together all day and night on irc, design and document everything in a wiki, do a short daily hangout that is exactly like the start of Hill Street Blues, and meet in person a few times a year for strategizing, working head-to-head, and jamming on microsynths. If you do not have a strong social structure outside of work then employment at Bandcamp will likely lead to obesity, heart disease, and an early death. We’re hiring!
Bandcamp is looking for a clever, convivial individual to join the support crew.
- Use your expert knowledge of the site to field email inquiries from an amazing but not always 100% sober customer base of artists, labels, and fans.
- Work closely with other teams to identify & report usability snags and other surprises.
- Follow internal engineering developments to stay several steps ahead of potential support issues.
- Hone our help docs with the objective of putting yourself out of a job reducing the support team's load.
- Exercise your formidable interdisciplinary talents on a range of side projects, as time/interest/expertise permit.
- When you see someone write "it's" for "its," or "loose" for "lose," you get angry, sad, or both.
- Impeccable organization gives you a wild rush.
- Extra credit: you are already a Bandcamp user (applicants with both Fan and Artist accounts are entitled to double drink tickets).
To apply, send a resume & writing samples (and/or a link to your blog) to the address given when you append the class obscure-movie-reference to this tag.