Jobs at Bandcamp
How We Work
There is no Bandcamp office. Our team is sprinkled throughout the world, with arms, cells, pods, what-have-yous in San Francisco, Montreal, The City of Angels, the Pacific NW, a Carolina, Pittsburgh, Vermont, the British Isles, Montreal, Berlin and I’m probably forgetting a few. We get together all day and night on slack, design and document everything in a wiki, do a short daily hangout that is exactly like the start of Hill Street Blues, and meet in person a few times a year for strategizing, working head-to-head, and laser bowling. If you do not have a strong social structure outside of work then employment at Bandcamp will likely lead to heart disease and an early death. We’re hiring!
Bandcamp is looking for a clever, convivial individual to join the support crew.
- Use your expert knowledge of the site to field email inquiries from an amazing but not always 100% sober customer base of artists, labels, and fans.
- Work closely with other teams to identify & report usability snags and other surprises.
- Follow internal engineering developments to stay several steps ahead of potential support issues.
- Hone our help docs with the objective of putting yourself out of a job reducing the support team’s load.
- Exercise your formidable interdisciplinary talents on a range of side projects, as time/interest/expertise permit.
- When you see someone write “it’s” for “its,” or “loose” for “lose,” you get angry, sad, or both.
- Impeccable organization gives you a wild rush.
- Extra credit: you are already a Bandcamp user (applicants with both Fan and Artist accounts are entitled to double drink tickets).
To apply, send a resume & writing samples (and/or a link to your blog) to the address given when you append the class obscure-movie-reference to this tag.