Jobs at Bandcamp
So you’ve already read our about page? Perfect, then read on!
How we work
Our team is sprinkled throughout the world, with arms, cells, pods, what-have-yous in Oakland, Brooklyn, Montreal, British Columbia, the British Isles, Pittsburgh, Vermont, Paris, Melbourne, and Tokyo. We use a bunch of online collaboration tools to work together across time zones, and once a year we all get together in person for a week of trust falls and youthful misunderstandings (all ages welcome, no actual trust falls). We welcome/celebrate all manner of variance in ethnicity, race, culture, gender, and sexuality, and hope you’ll consider joining us!
What we offer
- Work from anywhere. You can work for Bandcamp from wherever you want to be, so long as the wifi is strong and your schedule overlaps GMT-7 at least four hours each day. If you prefer a co-working space to your kitchen table we cover the cost, and you’re always welcome to work from one of our as-close-as-we-get-to-an-office offices in Oakland, Victoria, Brooklyn, and Raleigh.
- Flexible time off policy.
- Family leave. We have common sense leave, so take what you need. If you’ve been at Bandcamp for a year, your leave is fully paid.
- Matched charitable donations.
- Health, vision, dental, 401k matching, and travel insurance, but these are country-specific, so let’s talk.
Bandcamp is looking for a clever, convivial individual to join our interdisciplinary, ultradedicated, unusually well-loved support team. You are a superb and compassionate communicator, obsessively detail oriented, and possess a strong desire to get to the bottom of how things work (or why they don’t). You are willing to spend the majority of your day crafting helpful messages because you, like us, believe that customer support is not a necessary evil, but rather a critical business function as powerful as any product feature. Indeed, you’re not looking for a traditional customer support role, you’re looking to learn, grow, and contribute in meaningful ways to a company whose mission you believe in.
- Use your expert knowledge of the site to field email inquiries from an amazing (but not always 100% sober) customer base of artists, labels, and fans.
- Follow, review, and test new project developments to stay several steps ahead of potential support issues.
- Perform analyses on common problems to identify, report, and correct usability snags (and other surprises).
- Hone our help docs and internal processes with the objective of putting yourself out of a job reducing the support team’s load.
- Your writing is clear, concise, empathetic and 99.9999% of the time typo-free. Your grammar is impeccable. Full stop.
- You are able to retain an enormous, ever-changing set of specific details, and live for the little blast of dopamine that comes from connecting the pieces.
- You live anywhere, but your workday overlaps with 9am-5pm PST for at least four hours.
- Extra credit: you are already a Bandcamp user (applicants with both Fan and Artist accounts are entitled to bonus points).
To apply, submit your resume and writing samples (and/or a link to your blog) at the URL that appears when you append the class
music-for-plants to this tag.